Mountain Hill Community Church is presently in Phase 2 of re-opening. Despite the development and distribution of a vaccine, we anticipate being in this phase for several more months and maybe even until the summer of 2021.
We also want to reaffirm that there are many ways to get involved at MHCC beyond Sunday morning. All of our services are available on this website and/or our YouTube channel, and we encourage anyone with concerns or higher risk levels to continue joining us there. In addition, we have recently completed a food and blanket drive and distribution to families in our area by partnering with Slater Baptist Church. Some of our members are volunteering to help prepare and serve a weekly “hot meal” on Wednesday nights in the Slater community. We are also in communication with our local schools (Tigerville, Heritage, and Skyland Elementary, and Blue Ridge Middle and Blue Ridge High) to determine what needs and opportunities for partnership exist there. If you are someone who wants to “get out there” in this unique season and truly be the church, we could use your help.
Again, these kinds of gatherings – large or small – are not without risk during the global pandemic. As with any steps we might offer in the phased reopening of MHCC, we encourage and support each one of you in prayerfully discerning the right way forward for you and your family. These are new and challenging times for all of us!
If there is anything we can do to serve you in this season, or if you have any questions at all, please contact the church office (864) 977-8006 or e-mail us.
(Sunday, June 7th – Further Notice)
- Worship will resume in-person (11AM)
- Recording will continue and be posted to our website and YouTube channel
- Seating limited to every other pew (4 per pew, unless all are family)
- Fellowship Hall will be set up for overflow
- Deacons/Ushers will direct congregants to proper seats
- NO passing offering plates (they will be placed at sanctuary entrances)
- NO bulletins will be printed or distributed
- NO hymnals or Bibles in the pews
- Masks required (MHCC to make available)
- Hand sanitizer available throughout the building
- Arrival / Dismissal directly to seat and directly to vehicle
- Bible studies continue per Phase 1: meeting in-person, wearing masks, and practicing social distancing
- Prayer groups continue per Phase 1: meeting in-person, wearing masks, and practicing social distancing
- Musical rehearsals have been temporarily suspended until February, at the earliest. We will continue to monitor developments as it relates to these groups, and continue to rely on small ensembles, solos, and other instrumentalists for leading worship.